In commitment to the vision of our Honourable Prime minister, GRIHA Council has initiated a drive towards a zero-carbon mission "Decarbonizing Habitat Program". This program would enable an organization/ company/ industry to estimate its current carbon footprint and adopt cost effective strategies that will help in reducing the footprint in the future.
Projects operational for over a year with existing infrastructure and permanent employees will be eligible for the certification.
|Healthcare Facility/Hospitality/Retail/Transit Terminal/Industries||Institutional/Office/Residential|
|BUA||Certification Fee||Certification Fee|
|Up till 2,500 sqm||5 lakh||7000/-||3.5 lakh||6000/-|
|2,501-5000 sqm||6.5 lakh||9000/-||5 lakh||7500/-|
|5,001-10,000 sqm||8 lakh||11,000/-||6.5 lakh||9000/-|
|For every sqm above 10,000 sqm||7.5/sqm||@1/sqm||7.5/sqm||@1/sqm|
Note: Projects with BUA above 1.5 lakh m2 – special fee on request to GRIHA Council
*Exclusive of government taxes
Note: All travel and accommodation of GRIHA Council professionals is not included in the above cost and shall be arranged by the project proponent.
1. Registration: The project can be registered by filing expression of interest (EOI) available on GRIHA website.
2. Orientation Workshop: A handholding workshop will be conducted by GRIHA Council. The intent of this workshop shall be to address specific queries of project proponent on the GRIHA ‘Decarbonizing Habitat Programme’.
3. Data Collection:
- Survey form to be filled by the project proponent
- Simultaneously project team should initiate collating the data for assessment and reporting.
- Post data collection, project proponent should prepare the report indicating the various parameters and the measures taken by the project and calculated GHG emissions as per the GRIHA ‘Decarbonizing Habitat Programme’.
4. Third Party Assessment: Subsequent to the online submission of documents, a committee review meeting will be carried out by a team of experts from GRIHA Council and 3rd party evaluators. The documentation must be complete in all respects for all attempted parameters. Any attempted parameter with incomplete documentation shall not be evaluated.
5. GHG Reporting: An evaluation report consisting of the result, as per the carbon level achieved by the project shall be released by GRIHA Council.
6. Issue of Certificate: The carbon level achieved will be documented in the form of a certificate, report and plaque which will be handed over to the project team.
The carbon assessment would be conducted for the following parameters.
- Water (sources and offset)
- Energy (sources and offset)
- Waste (sources and offset)
- Transportation (commuting and logistics)
- Social (cosmetics, stationary, green policy, housekeeping, tobacco control, furnishing, fertiliser, biodiversity).
- Lifestyle (clothing, food & beverages, health, cutlery)
Evaluation would be based on the carbon emissions of the project and the measures adopted for carbon sequestration. The modes of sequestration considered for the purpose of evaluation are:
1. Tree plantation
2. Forest cover area
The project would be evaluated on a scale of 0 to 1+.
|Red||high carbon emission||0.2|
|Orange||moderate carbon emission||0.4|
|Yellow||low carbon emission||0.6|
|Green||towards carbon reduction||0.8|
|Blue||near net zero||0.95|