Over the years, GRIHA Council has been hosting its Annual Summits to deliberate on issues which are of national discourse in association with various national and international entities. The past Summits had been designed on the themes such as “Approach to Integrated Sustainability”, “Fostering Partnerships for Sustainable Habitats”, “Transforming Habitats”, “Sustainable is Affordable” etc.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, GRIHA Council is hosting this year’s event –“The GRIHA Event” on the 10th of December, 2021. The theme for this year’s GRIHA is “Restoring a Green Economy” which serves as a platform for providing innovating solutions in a world where the challenge is to achieve the expeditious and coordinated action of stakeholders. A greener economy aims to enhance the resilience of economies and societies in the face of severe recession and accelerating environmental challenges.
GRIHA Council is organizing its “Exemplary Performance Awards” as every year, to recognize the efforts of projects that have met sustainability goals and acknowledges their commitment to the cause of sustainable development. The entries will be evaluated on different sustainability parameters such as Passive architecture design, Energy management, Sustainable building materials/technologies, Integrated water management etc.
The different categories for the Exemplary Performance award are listed below:
- Exemplary Performance Award for GRIHA (Open only for GRIHA registered projects under any variant)
- Passive architecture design
- Energy management
- Sustainable building materials/technologies
- Integrated water management
- Renewable energy utilization
- Site management (during construction)
- Construction workers health and safety (during construction)
- Exemplary Performance Award for Existing Day Schools (Open for all)
- Exemplary Performance Award for Existing Buildings (Open for all)
Guidelines for submission of entries for Exemplary Performance awards:
- A single presentation consisting of all the categories that have been mentioned in the template should be submitted for Exemplary Performance awards for GRIHA Existing day schools and Existing buildings.
- Separate presentations for each attempted category need to be submitted for Exemplary Performance awards for GRIHA.
- The participants may include their ongoing/ completed interventions in the presentation/s, in not more than 10-15 slides. The weightage of each category varies and has been mentioned in the respective templates for each of the rating variants.
- It is compulsory to include case study card details which would be a summary of the submitted presentation, on the last slide of the presentation.
- Group photograph of the project team should be submitted by the project team in one of the slides.
- A one line quote/short message from the team lead/ project head that they would like to convey should be added in the presentation.
- The participants should submit the entries as per the template, (in .pptx format) provided by GRIHA Council.
- The last date of submission of entries is 22nd of October, 2021.
- All entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any further queries, you may write to email@example.com.