How to Register for Exemplary Performance Awards?
Over the years, GRIHA Council has been hosting its annual summits to deliberate on issues which are of national discourse in association with entities of national and international repute such as Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, UNSW Sydney, Royal Danish Embassy, GIZ, Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The past summits had been designed on the themes such as “Approach to Integrated Sustainability”, “Fostering Partnerships for Sustainable Habitats”, “Transforming Habitats”, “Sustainable is Affordable”, “Transforming Habitats”, “Rejuvenating Resilient Habitats”, “Restoring Green Economy”, “Towards Net Positive Habitats”.
GRIHA Council is hosting this year’s event –“15th GRIHA Summit” scheduled on 23rd -24th November, 2023. The theme for this year’s GRIHA is “Towards Net Positive Habitats” This year’s theme, "Empowering Sustainable and Resilient Communities," focuses on the central role of communities in climate action. It aims to create a better future by empowering communities to cope with the adverse effects of accelerated climate change and emphasizes the vital interdependence of all life forms for the sustenance of our planet.
GRIHA Council organizes “Exemplary Performance Awards” every year, to recognize the efforts of projects that have met sustainability goals and acknowledges their commitment to the cause of sustainable development. The entries will be evaluated on different sustainability parameters such as Passive architecture design, Energy management, Sustainable building materials/technologies, Integrated water management etc.
The different categories for the Exemplary Performance award are listed below:
- Exemplary Performance Award for GRIHA (Open only for GRIHA registered projects under any variant)
- Passive architecture design
- Energy management
- Sustainable building materials/technologies
- Integrated water management
- Renewable energy utilization
- Site management (during construction)
- Construction workers health and safety (during construction)
- Exemplary Performance Award for Existing Day Schools (Open for all)
- Exemplary Performance Award for Existing Buildings (Open for all)
Guidelines for submission of entries for Exemplary Performance awards:
- A single presentation consisting of all the categories that have been mentioned in the template should be submitted for Exemplary Performance Awards for GRIHA Existing Day Schools and Existing Buildings.
- Separate presentations for each attempted category need to be submitted for Exemplary Performance Awards for GRIHA.
- The participants may include their ongoing/ completed interventions in the presentation/s. The weightage of each category varies and has been mentioned in the respective templates for each of the rating variants.
- The participants should submit the entries as per the template, (in .pptx format) provided by GRIHA Council.
- The last date of submission of entries is 5th of October, 2023.
- All entries should be submitted to email@example.com.
- For any further queries, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org.